Grand Isle School is a welcoming community where every family and staff member is invested in our students. We recognize and celebrate the whole child. We provide an equal opportunity and the right supports so all students and adults are successful. We practice positive and collaborative teaming and teaching throughout the school.
Keep Reading • Wednesday, July 2nd
Top Ten Ways to Keep Reading this Summer
List created by Alyssa Larose, Ella Deane, Jayden Cannon, Sophie Smith, Maddie Provost, Nevaeh Prim, Ella Troville, Cannan Barrows, Riley Dubuque, Todd Gauthier, Ben Valley, Jack Talbot, Johanna Iula.
10. Read with friends or read to your siblings, parents, or neighbors.
9. Read magazines, maps, travel brochures, signs, menus and travel guides this summer.
8. Read on a boat, or a bus, or a plane or a train!
7. Read at night if you can’t fall asleep.
6. Keep a reading log to see your progress and reward yourself along the way.
5. Keep a book with you at all times, so you can read while you are waiting (think construction traffic).
4. Read on electronic devices (eReaders, tablets, computers, phones).
3. Read genres that you like.
2. Visit your library or ask a friend for a book recommendation.
1. READ, READ, READ!!!!
Summer Library Hours
The Grand Isle School Library is open a few days this summer for book exchange and more:
Monday, June 30-1 pm -6pm
Tuesday, July 15: 10 am – 3 pm
Monday, July 28: 1 pm – 6 pm – Mini Maker Space from 3:30 -6:00 pm Tuesday, August 12: 10 am -3 pm
Tuesday, July 15: 1-3 pm Movie matinee & ice cream social featuring Despicable Me 2
Monday, July 28: 3:30 -6:00 pm – Mini Maker Space – Create, build, and invent using squishy circuits, legos, makey, makey boards and more! Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on 2014-07-02